Easy face tracking manual
Let's start the journey into the endless universe
using DelanCam1 and face tracking!
Face tracking with DelanCam1
Everything you need to know to get you started with your favorite game!
DelanCam1 lens swap
Video - how to replace the DelanCam1 lens. Subtitles available - turn them on in the video!
- Our DelanCam1 comes preset for Precise Point Tracking, so it requires replacing the lens. We preset it for Point Tracking as it is superior to any available tracking models.
- If you choose to use face tracking, please watch the video with subtitles to replace the point tracking lens with a face tracking lens.
- Plug the camera into an available USB port on your PC. Wait 10 seconds for Windows to automatically install the necessary drivers.
- Attach the camera to the top of your monitor using our specially designed DelanCam1 Monitor Clip.
Open configuration directory
- Run opentrack software
- Navigate to the profile dropdown menu
- Open configuration directory
Adding an INI profile
- We recommend to use 7zip and double click to open the Profiles Zip file. Standard Windows zip brawser will work too!
- Now you can easily copy by using drag and drop from the downloaded ZIP to the opentrack configuration folder.
- Copy both files if you ever need to use point tracking – profile will be there for you.
Selecting the profile for face tracking
- Go back to the opentrack main window
- Select profile:
- Excellent! Move to the next point now!
A final check!
- Select NeuralNet plugin from the dropdown list
- Go to the NeuralNet Face Tracking plugin settings by clicking the small hammer icon next to it.
- A new popup window will appear. Verify that DelanCam is selected. If it’s not, make sure you select it.
- Press the “Start” button and wait for 2 to 5 seconds for the camera to initiate.
- If you see your face being tracked similarly to the screenshot, congratulations! This is a success!
- If the tracking is off-center, press the “C” button on your keyboard to center the view.
- You are now ready for face tracking in the game.
- Leave the OpenTrack window running (minimize it).
- Start your game, and the head tracking should work without any additional settings.
Important to note: Head tracking primarily functions in first-person view, which is applicable to 99% of games.
tahts all - enjoy!
You are now ready to play!
The above seven steps are enough to get you into the head tracking World. There are more advanced settings available in the opentrack software. They allow configuring more than we covered above. We do recommend to go to the advanced settings when you get familiar with the software.
Dont forget to check out our social media!
There is also available more in-depth manual for setting up OpenTrack with your head tracker on the link below: